Thursday, May 18, 2006

Correspondents Dinner

I'm pretty sure most people have watched this already. If anything like me...you've seen it many times and can't get enough of it. On April 29th, the White House hosted its annual correspondents' dinner which was attended, of course, by President Bush, and the First Lady. The last speaker of the night was Stephen Colbert. Colbert has his own show on Comedy Central called the Colbert Report. At the correspondents' dinner, he was given 24 minutes to deliver a very special Colbert Report in which he roasted everyone in the Bush administration, including the absent Vice President. Here's just two great digs from the opening 2 minutes:

"I feel like I'm dreaming. Somebody pinch me. You know what? I'm a pretty sound sleeper, that may not me enough. Somebody shoot me in the face. (Directly to Bush:) Is he really not here tonight? (Obviously digging on our esteemed VP.) Damn it. The one guy who could've helped."

"I believe the government that governs best is the government that governs least, and by these standards we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq."

Anyway, if you for some reason haven't, you can check the whole thing out here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879

I can't help but think that whoever booked Colbert to speak at this dinner is currently standing in the unemployment line. And I would like to shake that person's hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home