Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bur Sur on Thanksgiving

Instead of putting up with all the typical Thanksgiving hastle this year, I went backpacking with friends Ryan and Bob. We went up to Sykes camp along the Big Sur River near Monterey, CA. It's a 10 or 11 mile hike in with a huge reward: hot springs! There are 4 pools of hot and inviting water to soak in right along the river. This time of year the river itself is absolutely freezing, but the springs are heavenly. It was too cold for the battery in my camera to work well so I didn't get many pictures, but here are a few.


This is me reclining in one of the pools that's right along the river.


This is Ryan and I right after we took a dip in the river itself, polar bear style. Brr!


This is a shot of the Big Sur River itself.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Next year, I wanna go! Although I don't think I could get there as fast as the rest of you...it would be a 2 day hike in and a 2 day hike out for me.

Your pictures are wonderful, and Ryan is a goofball!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger C Brow said...

There are several camps along the way between the trailhead and Sykes. It would be totally possible to do the trek in stages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home