Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wino Butt!

So what the story behind this you ask? Well, today is Sunday. In two day's I'll be flying to Portland, OR to play a disc golf tournament. I'll be camping at a state park for about a week. Normally, I'd bring my backpacking tent for camping, but since I'll be there for a whole week, and I'll be set up at a big campgound, I figured I'd bring my bigger tent. I haven't used, or even looked at this tent since a trip I took to Hawaii 2 years ago. I thought it would be a good idea to take it out, set it up, and make sure I have all the parts etc. before heading or Oregon.

My friend Jerry and I headed to a park at the end of the street to set it up. It's a beautiful warm, sunny day, so we decided we'd fill a few flasks with some nice cold white wine to enjoy during the setup. Since the flasks are stainless steel, they were immediately chilled. We pocketed the cold flasks and walked the 4 blocks to the park. We remarked a few times on the trip as to how cold the flasks were in our back pockets.

Anyway, we got to the park, set up the tent, and then got inside to enjoy our wine. There was this persistant little drip of wine from the bottom of my flask. I thought, at first, that it was just spilling over from the spout since we filled the flasks to the brim. But the dripping wouldn't stop. "I think mine has a leak," I said. In Jerry's head he was thinking, "There's no way. If there were a leak, it would have been leaking this whole time." No sooner did he start thinking that did I crawl to the front of the tent, get out, bend over, and ask reluctantly, "Jerry, is my ass wet?"

Yup. Wet. Hilarious! The whole time during the walk I thought my butt was just cold from the cold wine. In reality, white wine was actually soaking my entire back pocket and my butt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home