Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It Just Doesn't Make Cents!

Here's an interesting little fact. It costs 1.4 cents for the US Mint to produce a single penny. How is it feasible to have a currency in circulation that costs more to produce than it is actually worth? That's the question that Representative Jim Kolbe is asking. He's introduced a bill (again) to do away with the penny. I hope the push works this time. Pennies are a nuisance. Aside from providing excitement to children who put them on the railroad tracks to flatten them, they serve no useful function. I typically throw them away by the handful when cleaning out my pockets or my car. Down with the penny!

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger C Brow said...

I have fun with pennies while driving too. With my hand out the window, I try to balance one on the tip of each finger into the wind. The fun part is seeing at what speed the force of the wind is too weak to hold the pennies up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home