Friday, October 12, 2007

Flight of the Valkyrie

Last weekend I played a one-day non-sanctioned disc golf tournament at Milo McIver near Portland. It was one of the best run tournaments I've played and all the gals in my division were great fun to play with.


I didn't play too well, but I did walk away with a bit of prize money in the form of a gift certificate to Next Adventure, an awesome sporting goods store in downtown Portland. With it, I went to Next Adventure the very next day. What did I buy? More discs of course! ProLine Valkyries. 6 of them!


I could have spent the loot on anything in the store, but a little birdy told me that a new shipment of ProLine Valkyries had recently arrived. The Valkyrie is my favorite disc. ProLine is my favorite plastic. Unfortunately, Innova is no longer making the ProLine plastic, so I've been scouring the area for Pro Valks to hoard for myself. I hit pay dirt at Next Adventure. The shipment had 7 Valks in the weight range that I throw. I bought 6 of them. (I didn't want to be greedy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home