Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July

Fourth of July was yesterday, a Friday. Even though it was a national holiday, I couldn't help but feel guilty for taking it off. Regardless, it was a fun day. I sleep in until 9, woo hoo! And then Ryan and I headed down a bit south of Albany to play a course in Waterloo that we had never played before. It was great! Still in the construction phase, but it will be a really fun course. Once back in Portland, we went out to the pub and split a double nachos and had a drink. Oh yes, and then there was pool. We played 6 games of pool, and I won 5 of them...but not because I'm any good at pool. It was crazy.

1st game: Ryan scratches on the 8 ball
2nd game: Ryan scratches on the break
3rd game: I won it outright
We then decided to start a new best out of three series
1st game: Ryan scratches on the break
2nd game: Ryan wins outright
3rd game: Ryan scratches on the break

Heck, a win is a win, (and 5 wins are 5 wins) and I'll take any I can get, but what a weird series.

Once at home we decided to set up the tent in the backyard and sleep under the stars. Of course, by stars I mean fireworks. Some small fireworks were being lit off in our little neighborhood and we could see them through the mesh ceiling of the tent. It was great! Of course, we had the rain fly off so we could see the fireworks and stay cool, but it started raining at around 3 am, and I had to scurry to put the fly on. Funniest thing was when I woke up in the morning and got out of the tent. I looked towards the slat fence separating our backyard from the neighbor's...and I saw that they had set up a tent in their backyard too. I laughed. I wonder if they camped out in the rain too.

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A win is a win! And 5 wins is 5 times better!!! whoo hoo!

We heard a slightly different story about the rainfly...at least it wasn't a bear you were needing to take cover from...CRACK ME UP!!

Pam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home