Wednesday, June 04, 2008

First Ace!

Yes, it finally happened. I got a hole-in-one on hole 7 of the Orhard Park disc golf course in Hillsboro, OR yesterday. It was a blind ace, meaning I heard the sound of chains after my drive, but my view of the basket was obstructed. My doubles partner ran up and and started hollering that it was sitting in the basket! It was awesome! And it happened in the middle of tournament play too. It was the weekly Tuesday doubles event, and my ace was on a CTP hole. The CTP winner is the one whose drive lands "closest to the pin." The ace got me the CTP prize which was a rare and valuable CE Valkyrie disc. On top of that, the ace pot for the night was $104. Of course, someone else happened to shoot an ace yesterday too, so we had to split the ace pot, but I didn't care. I got an ace! And it was in tournament play! Woo hoo! (Oh, and did I mention I got the ace with Ryan's disc? I didn't have my golf bag with me and was playing with discs that were laying around in my trunk. It was windy and I wanted a more stable disc than I had, so I borrowed a Tee Bird from Ryan. Go figure that I'd get my first ace with someone else's disc.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home