Monday, August 14, 2006

No Moleste!

While in Rochester for my friend’s wedding, I stayed at a Microtel for three nights. I’ve never given much though to the hotel chain’s name before as I’ve never stayed there. Now that I have, I can confirm that “micro” is indeed an accurate description of the accommodations. Another friend staying at the Microtel joked that it’s the first hotel she’s been in where she could talk on the phone, sit on the bed, and take a shower all at the same time. The size may have been micro because the price was too, so I can’t complain. We managed to get corporate room rates which were at half as much as the regular rate. I think the best part of my Microtel experience was reading the “Do Not Disturb” sign before I put it on my door. It of course says, Do Not Disturb” on it, but it does so in several different languages. The second one is Spanish and it reads “No Moleste.” I know that shouldn’t be funny, but after a hellish post-terror alert travel day, my juvenile sense of humor couldn’t help but repeat “No Moleste” and giggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home