Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Poison Oak

Last night when I got home, I was in the middle of a chat with my roommate and a friend when I realized I was scratching my arm. I looked down at it, and to my horror, I saw a little red bump. Since I was camping and disc golfing at Lake Casitas over the weekend where there is plenty of poison oak, I knew immediately what it was. All of a sudden I imagined I felt itchy all over, especially behind my left knee. I ran to change into shorts to check it out and sure enough there's a palm-sized patch of poison oak there. Until this past Spring, I had never contracted poison oak, though I've wandered through it many many times. I had it for what seemed like forever. It didn't go away for weeks! I'm hoping that since this bout came on quicker than the last, it will go away quicker too. I have zero will power when it come to not sratching it. I have scars from the last bout. Anyway, I woke up this morning and took stock of the places it's sprung up so far. Behind my left knee. Tiny dot on both forearms. Tint speck on right thigh. And a patch on my left shoulder. Grr....I'm crossing my fingers that it won't spread father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home