Monday, January 29, 2007

Stupid Nose

I have a cold. Not really a big deal. My body and I simply don't tolerate illness and my immune system usually gives colds the boot in 2 to 3 days. It's just an overachiever that way. I started getting a scratchy throat on Saturday night. I knew when I woke up Sunday that it would be a full blown cold, and it was. Sneezing, runny and stuffy nose, typical cold stuff. I also knew that by the time I woke up Monday morning, most of the symptoms would have subsided. And sure enough, they have. Though the lifespan of a typical cold for me is less than 3 days, the damage it inflicts on my nose will take up to a week to heal. All that wiping and blowing my nose has left it red, and raw, and chaffed. The cold itself is tolerable. What it does to my nose is the worst part. I’m sure it doesn’t help that instead of nice, soft, two-ply, quilted tissues with lotion and all that fancy stuff in them, I use regular one-ply, rough-on-the-butt toilet paper. Fancy expensive tissues just aren’t on my list of justifiable luxuries, and thus, I look like Rudolph. Stupid nose! Toughen up! part

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home