Friday, February 15, 2008

Tee Birdy!

This week I tried my hand at disc dying for the first time. I made and cut out a pattern from contact paper and put in on a clear blue TeeBird disc. The I floated it in black dye. The next day, I pulled it out and presto! A tee birdy on the TeeBird! I like the way it came out and want to try more discs and make more patterns. The contact paper is just a beginning tool. Vinyl like you buy from sign shops is what works best. I'm looking forward to trying that. In any case, I'm pretty happy with how my first disc turned out.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Pam said...

That looks great! Love it with the blue background.

Will contact paper work? I have dyed a few things as well as etched glass and contact paper seems to work great. If you haven't tried it by the time we see each other next I will give you some, I have a roll of clear contact paper.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger C Brow said...

Contact paper is what I used, and it worked ok. It's not sticky enough to handle being soaked in dye for days at a time though, so it bleeds through in spots. Vinyl is also easier to make the patterns with, so I'm going to try to switch to that in the future. Very fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home