Saturday, April 19, 2008

Stupid Stimulus Check

Ever since filing my taxes, I had thought I was getting a stimulus payment from the good 'ole IRS. I knew I didn't qualify for the full $600, but I thought I was getting the $300 check. I went online today to see when I should be expecting my deposit to appear. Woo hoo! I'm in the first batch and would see a deposit on May 2nd! But then I went and actually entered my tax info into the stimulus calculator. What?!?! As you can see above, I don't qualify. You needed to earn $3000 in 2007 to qualify. I "earned" $2460 from my job at UCSD before I moved to Oregon. Of course, I've been taking home $1886 a month as payment for working in the lab at school...but since my check doesn't come from the payroll department, none of that money counts in the eyes of the Fed. Very, very boo.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Pam said...

I was desperate to bring good news...of any sort...to your home when I called Ryan with the info...I am sorry that you don't get a ck!

Let's see, what else can I do to bring cheer and great joy to your home???

Pam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home