Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cheeze 2. Chris 0.

Yup, it's defeated me, yet again. I've been trying to make homemade mozzarella. It' supposed to be simple. Heat milk on stove. Add citric acid and rennet. Watch curd form. Remove curd and microwave. Stretch, kneed, pull, and microwave again. Repeat until taffy-like and roll into balls. How hard could that be? Well, hard. I get curds...ish. They aren't melty or firm like the ones in the pictures, and they don't kneed or stretch. Picture trying to roll ricotta into a ball or pulling it like taffy. I'm not going to show any pictures, but trust me, it's just not pretty. I think I need to do a bit more research before stepping up and trying this again.

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Sounds like me and rootbeer! Grrrr...

Pam

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger fumanchu said...

Time to get a cow.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger 00000 said...

lol, how great to even try! goodluck!!!
love char

 

Post a Comment

<< Home