Wednesday, August 06, 2008

You win some, you lose some

I picked up lunch at Wendy's on my way to work today. Value menu. Jr. bacon cheeseburger and a sour cream and chive baked potato. I was up until 4 am last night working on the second draft of my manuscript and didn't get on my way to the lab until 11:30. When I got there, I realized there was no bacon on my jr. bacon cheeseburger. It was just a jr. cheeseburger, which was wholly unappetizing to me. I threw it away. I then checked my email. Scanning the list of newcomers to my inbox...junk...junk...junk...OHSU ARCS Scholarship offer...junk...wait, what was that!? Must read further:

Dear Christina,
I am delighted to inform you that you have been selected as an ARCS Scholar. A formal offer letter with additional details about this scholarship is attached to this email.....

I won! This was the scholarship that the department nominated me for. The one I scampered around putting the application together for two weeks ago when notified that I was nominated. I can now afford to go back to Wendy's, and get a new jr. bacon cheeseburger, this time one with bacon. Aw, hell, with 15k, I'll even splurge and get a frosty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home