Thursday, June 01, 2006

Repeat After Me

I've never been good at making decisions from my heart as opposed to from my head. I'm too logical most times to do so. I tend to discount intangibles like security, happiness, and love when weighing them against more concrete possibilities and outcomes. This is a lesson I (hope I) learned from the Reno fiasco. A nagging feeling in my heart told me to stay in San Diego, but my head invoked veto power and Reno it was. Four and a half months later I'm back in San Diego trying to piece things back together.

I was talking on the phone yesterday with a friend about this head/heart dichotomy and my difficulty in working through it. Our conversation went something Iike this:

Friend: Brow, in my many years of experience in these matters (chuckle), I've learned that sometimes you just need to abandon the plan, take a chance, and say, "What the fuck!"

Me: Abandon the plan?! I can't work without a plan! I don't think I can say that.

Friend: You don't have to say it. I did. Now you just need to repeat it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home