Friday, February 15, 2008

V-Day Table

Yesterday was two holidays in one; Valentine's Day, and Oregon's 149th birthday. To celebrate, Ryan set the table beautifully, bought a wonderful bottle of wine, cut up some of my favorite gruyere cheese, and cooked up a fantastic dinner of seasoned steak, garlic bread, and almond green beans. We haven't had a meal that good in a while. It was sensation overload. The steak was juicy and delicious. The green beans are our favorite side dish, but we hadn't had it in forever. The cheese...well...it's gruyere, need I say more? And the wine was one of the best bottles I've had in as long as I can remember. It was a cab sab with overtones of oak and pepper. Mmmmm...so yummy. It was a dinner I won't forget for a long long time.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Pam said...

My boy done good, huh? He gets his talent from his father.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home