Saturday, March 01, 2008

To and Fro

On my long, long list of things to do today, is to clean out my car. Throughout the winter things would migrate to it, and there they have stayed. I dread this project so much that I even had dreams about it last night. In my dream, I don't know why, but I had to pack up my Jetta and move again to a new house, but I couldn't because I had so much other junk in my car already. That got me thinking. I've always owned a Jetta, and I've moved a lot. I wanted to pin an actual number on how many times I've packed all my belongings into a Jetta. So here it goes, here's my list:

1. Manchester to Syracuse, Day Hall
2. Day Hall to Manch
3. Manch to Haven Hall
4. Haven Hall to South campus
5. South Campus to Ostrom Ave
6. Ostrom Ave to Genessee area apartments
7. Genessee area apartments to Manch
8. Manch to South campus
9. South Campus to Manch
10. Manch to Washington, DC
11. DC to Manch
12. Manch to Salt Lake City, University Ave
13. University Ave to 300 East
14. 300 East to Manch
(moved to Switzerland for 6 months)
15. Manch to Salt Lake City, small studio
16. Studio to a friend's apartment
17. Friend's apartment to San Diego, Pershing Ave
18. Pershing Ave to Reno, NV
19. Reno to San Diego, A St
20. A St to University Ave
21. University Ave to NE Portland
22. NE Portland to SW Portland

So there we have it. I've packed all my belongings into a Jetta and moved 22 times! That's pretty impressive. Jetta's aren't especially spacious. I gues it's a good thing I played to much Tetris as a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home