Monday, April 21, 2008

Arghhhh....there be no more rooms!


One of my best friends from college is getting married this August in Cape Vincent, NY. The wedding is in a castle on some small Island in Lake Ontario, just a stone's throw from Canada. The town is tiny. Quaint. Quintessential upstate NY. Ryan and I are flying in for the festivities. Here's the kicker: The tiny little town doesn't exactly have hotels...more like bed and breakfasts. And as far as I can tell from my search so far today, they're all booked. Turns out that Christy and Todd scheduled their wedding for the same weekend that a huge pirate festival descends on little Cape Vincent. It seems the room have all been rented by salty dogs already. I don't know if Christy and Todd knew about the pirates before planning their wedding. It wouldn't entirely surprise me if they picked that weekend for that express purpose. I say they may as well make it a pirate themed wedding. I can SO picture them doing that.

Boat captain: "Todd, do you take Christy to be your wife? Through smooth and rough seas? With scurvy and without?

Todd: Ayeee! Me do!

All the funny aside...I seriously can't find a hotel for under $200 a night within 50 miles. We just might end up camping it. Arghhh..!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home