Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ah...to sit (and more!)

Ah. At last. A place to sit. Woke up bright and early Saturday morning and replied to a Craig's list add I'd seen the day before for this dining set. It consists of a solid wood (not laminate) 5' table with four matching chairs. The chairs are also solid wood, have curved backs that make them actually quite comfortable, and are upholstered with that nice red fabric. I'm happy with the set because even though I like the chairs red, they can easily be reupholstered to match any future decor change I could come up with down the road. And solid wood furniture is way nicer than that laminate garbage the sell everywhere now. Plus, the chair and table set only set us back $80! I'd call that a bargain. The table runner seen in the pic is something I made tonight with the sewing machine Ryan's mom so nicely is letting me borrow. Next on the sewing agenda: curtains.

While I was off buying fabric for the table runner, Ryan was busy putting up a system for us to store our golf discs. Those are wall-mounted bars spanning our hallway up towards the ceiling. This keeps them out of the way (they're not even head-whacking height, not even for Ryan) but not taking up closet space. And if you ask me, it looks darn cool too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home