Tuesday, June 26, 2007

More "Home" Pics

More pics of my new home(s). Here we have my lab as seen from my desk. I'm putting this here as a pic of "home" because in all likelihood, I'll be spending more time here than at my apartment. This is about a third of the lab. There's more to the left. My desk is right by the window, so I at least get daylight. I've never once has a lab with a window so I'm pretty excited. In Utah and at UCSD the labs were windowless, mostly because they were designed that way. Sunlight does bad things to many lab chemicals and experiments. In Switzerland, my lab was windowless not because of UV concerns, (physicists generally aren't as concerned with such things) but because it was essentially in a basement underneath the train station. In that way this lab is a step up in two ways. 1. Window. 2. It's on the second floor.


Now for the home home. Ryan found two end tables on Craig's List this past weekend for $10 apiece. Since "end" tables typically go at the "end" of a couch...a couch that we don't have yet, they're being used as bedside tables for now. We each have one of the pair. I topped mine off with a surveyor's tripod lamp. Being an engineer I just couldn't resist. And I figured since the table was so cheap, I could splurge a little on the lamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home