Friday, July 20, 2007

And in the news...

Today, the second news story listed on cnn.com was about President Bush’s upcoming colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow. The status of the president’s colon health was eclipsed only by a story about the emergency evacuation of boy scouts hiking near a wildfire somewhere in Utah. Clearly, this speaks to the remarkable perceptiveness of the CNN news crew in picking out stories of interest to the American people. I’m not being facetious here either. This isn’t a dig on CNN. They’re just giving the people what they want. And apparently the people want dramatic boy scout rescue stories, and all the latest information pertaining to the presidential heinie.

To be fair, I think it’s good for the American public to see that even the leader of the so-called free world needs to pay attention to his health and get routine medical screenings. It’s a step towards awareness and hopefully prevention of colon cancer, and that can be nothing but a good thing. Still, I can’t help but be a bit disturbed by what I read.

I think this whole terrorism/war thing has really gotten to our president. It’s taken him over and affected his perceptions of all things not war or terrorism related. He’s adopted a way of speaking that is beginning to make me think he’s on the verge of paranoid neurosis. In reference to colon health and checkups, the president wants to “encourage everybody to use surveillance.”

Surveillance?!!! Is he for real? That sounds a bit more militaristic than medicinal if you ask me. Wouldn’t surprise me if he secretly refers to the upcoming procedure as the war on polyps. Seriously, the man need to just chill out a bit.

On another note, check out Cheney’s face in this photo. This is where they met to discuss how while Bush was put under for the war on polyps, power would transfer to Cheney for a few hours. Can you almost see Cheney salivating? I have to admit, I’m a bit frightened. I don’t know how long it takes to power up a nuke and aim it at Iran, but I’m betting Cheney’s already done the math. All I know is that I hope the war on polyps goes more quickly than this war on terror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home