Monday, July 09, 2007

Bad Marketing Slogan

As I was driving into work this morning, I passed a Sara Lee truck. In case the brand isn't ringing a bell, the Sara Lee company makes snack cakes, bread, and other yummies. As I passed the truck, I noticed the brand slogan written on the side,

"Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee."

Huh. All these years I thought the slogan was, "Nobody does it like Sara Lee," which in my mind is a much better slogan. "Nobody does it like Sara Lee" implies that they do something that no one else does, and it sets them apart. "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee" doesn't really give their products a positive spin. Sure, nobody doesn't like them, but nobody necessarily really likes them either.

"Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee" is the equivalent of saying, "It doesn't suck," which could only be a worse slogan if it were used by a vacuum company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home